Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mommy, I'm worried.

"Mommy, I'm worried." 

Those words from my 5-year-old child tugged at my heart one evening while snuggling with her at bedtime. How it pained me to see her worries bend and tear her tender heart! How I wished I could have fixed it. This is what I wrote in my journal from our conversation:

[I mentioned] to her how much I loved her, and how much Heavenly Father and Jesus loved her, and that we were proud of her for being such a good girl; and that knowing this might be the most important thing to know. And my dear, sweet girl cried and cried and cried. At first I was confused by this, but then I asked her if they were happy tears and she said, "yes." 

I love that my sweetheart has such a tender spirit! I hope she always stays this way! She is so beautiful! I told her that she is probably feeling the Holy Spirit and that is why she was so happy. I shared with her that that is how I feel when I feel the Spirit. I feel loved and happy. Oh, I pray that my sweet girl will always be sensitive to the Spirit!

This is definitely a moment I want to preserve, to remember throughout the years. I want my daughter to read it when she is older and recognize that her spiritual talents were evident to me even in her toddler years. Every time I read what I have written about my children my love grows deeper and deeper for them and I want all my descendants to know how much I loved my children!

Whenever I reread a journal entry, my testimony of the importance of record-keeping grows all the more. The scripture, "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" (Alma 37:6 in the Book of Mormon) really rings true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment